
Humanitarian aid from Indonesia again sent to Turkiye, Syria

The humanitarian aid for the Turkiye-Syria earthquake, which was in the form of 140 tons of food and other logistical stuffs, was handed over directly by Indonesian President Joko Widodo at the Halim Perdanakusuma Air Force Base in Jakarta on Tuesday (February 21, 2023). (The Indonesian Cabinet Secretariat)
The humanitarian aid from Indonesia for the Turkiye-Syria earthquake victims, which was in the form of 140 tons of food and other logistical stuffs, was handed over directly by Indonesian President Joko Widodo at the Halim Perdanakusuma Air Force Base in Jakarta.
Jakarta (Indonesia Window) – The Indonesian government on Tuesday (21/2) again sent humanitarian aid to earthquake victims in Turkiye and Syria.The humanitarian aid for the Turkiye-Syria earthquake, which was in the form of 140 tons of food and other logistical stuffs, was handed over directly by Indonesian President Joko Widodo at the Halim Perdanakusuma Air Force Base in Jakarta, according to the Indonesian Cabinet Secretariat in a written statement as quoted by Indonesia Window on Wednesday."Humanitarian diplomacy is continuously carried out by our country, Indonesia. And on the morning of this day (February 21), we will send four planes to Turkiye and to Syria containing 140 tons of food and other logistical stuffs, which are very much needed there," the head of state said.Previously, the Indonesian government had also sent a search and rescue (SAR) team, a medical team and a Hercules aircraft to assist in the initial evacuation of earthquake victims in Turkiye and Syria, the president said, adding that the government had also built field hospitals in both the countries."We hope that what we send will be able to help our brothers and sisters there," he said.Accompanying the president on the occasion were Coordinating Minister for Human Development and Culture Muhadjir Effendy, Minister of Foreign Affairs Retno Marsudi, Minister of Defense Prabowo Subianto, and Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung.So far, the country's team team has found four Indonesian citizens who died due to the 7.8 magnitude earthquake in Turkiye which occurred on February 6, 2023.Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has appreciated the search and rescue assistance provided by the Indonesian government. The Turkish president made the appreciation when receiving representatives of INASAR (Indonesia Search and Rescue) in Antakya, the capital of Hatay province, Monday (20/2).Reporting by Indonesia WindowBagikan

Komentar
Berita Terkait

Death toll in Indonesia’s Semeru eruption increases to 34 people, 17 missing
Indonesia
•
07 Dec 2021

Automotive industry in Indonesia significantly increases
Indonesia
•
17 Feb 2023

Indonesia’s solar energy potentials recorded at 3,294 GWp
Indonesia
•
25 Nov 2021

Celebrating 113th National Day, Taiwan among top-five foreign investors in Indonesia
Indonesia
•
09 Oct 2024


Berita Terbaru

Indonesia Safari Park saves injured leopard in Indonesia’s Batang District
Indonesia
•
13 Aug 2026

Shooting occurs near Baliem Valley Cultural Festival; two civilians injured
Indonesia
•
10 Aug 2026

Indonesia launches unified data on zakat, infaq, and sadaqah
Indonesia
•
06 Aug 2026

Indonesia and Thailand strengthen strategic partnership
Indonesia
•
04 Aug 2026
