Participants of 2024 elections in Indonesia were determined in accordance with the mandate of Law Number 7 of 2017, namely on the determination of political parties participating in the elections which is carried out 14 months before voting day.
Jakarta (Indonesia Window) – Indonesia’s General Elections Commission (KPU) has determined 17 national political parties and six local political parties in Aceh province as participants of 2024 elections, as stated in the KPU Decree, Number 518 of 2022.
KPU Chairman Hasyim Asy’ari made the remarks in a press statement about the political parties participating in the 2024 elections at the KPU building in Jakarta on Wednesday (Dec. 14)
The determination on participants of 2024 elections is in accordance with the mandate of Law (UU) Number 7 of 2017, namely the determination of political parties participating in elections which was made 14 months before voting day, Hasyim was quoted by the Indonesian Cabinet Secretariat as saying in a statement received here on Friday.
Following the determination, Hasyim continued, participants of 2024 elections took part in an open plenary meeting to draw and determine serial numbers of political parties for the 2024 elections.
What needs to be considered in this process, as stipulated in Government Regulation in Lieu of Law (Perppu) Number 1 of 2022, is that political parties participating in the 2019 elections that meet the parliamentary threshold have the option of continuing to use serial numbers in the 2019 election or returning their serial numbers to KPU to participate again in the drawing process.
Political parties participating in the 2019 elections that do not pass the parliamentary threshold and new parties are required to take part in the serial number drawing.
The following is a list of national parties determined to participate in the 2024 elections:
- Partai Demokrasi Indonesia Perjuangan (PDI Perjuangan)
- Partai Keadilan Sejahtera (PKS)
- Partai Persatuan Indonesia (Perindo)
- Partai NasDem
- Partai Bulan Bintang (PBB)
- Partai Kebangkitan Nusantara (PKN)
- Partai Garda Perubahan Indonesia (Garuda)
- Partai Demokrat (PD)
- Partai Gelombang Rakyat Indonesia (Gelora)
- Partai Hati Nurani Rakyat (Hanura)
- Partai Gerakan Indonesia Raya (Gerindra)
- Partai Kebangkitan Bangsa (PKB)
- Partai Solidaritas Indonesia (PSI)
- Partai Amanat Nasional (PAN)
- Partai Golongan Karya (Golkar)
- Partai Persatuan Pembangunan (PPP)
- Partai Buruh
The six local parties in Aceh are:
- Partai Aceh
- Partai Adil Sejahtera Aceh (PAS Aceh)
- Partai Generasi Aceh Beusaboh Tha’at dan Taqwa
- Partai Darul Aceh
- Partai Nanggroe Aceh
- Partai Sira (Soliditas Independen Rakyat Aceh)
Reporting by Indonesia Window